St. Louis Chapter Meeting - Engine Performance Diagnostic Strategies
Engine Performance Diagnostic Strategies
presented in person by Mark Ingram
sponsored by Garage Gurus
This clinic is designed to keep technicians current on changing Engine Management Systems and diagnostic procedures for Asian and Domestic vehicles. The focus is on helping the technician become more proficient in interpreting the information the scan tool provides for engine performance diagnostics. We establish a foundation utilizing “strategy based diagnostics” to reduce diagnostic time and prevent emission related Check Engine light comebacks. We discuss utilizing scan tool information to gain diagnostic direction to repair today’s most seen Engine Performance concerns. Putting all the pieces together during an engine diagnostic is a lot like reading a road map; the key to success is finding the shortest path to the destination without getting lost.
After completing this seminar, the student will have the knowledge to:
• Apply a logical flow of diagnosing Check Engine light concerns through understanding what the scan tool data is saying
• Utilize the graphing function of the scan tool to ‘trend’ important scan tool PID (Parameter Identification Data) relationships
• Diagnose emission related Check Engine light problems on vehicles through using generic and enhanced scan data analysis
• Five diagnostic checks to perform to before catalytic converter replacement
• Interpret important engine performance sensor information and vehicle operating system strategies
View more St. Louis Events!
MWACA Policy Regarding In-Person Meetings:
Attendees agree that by attending the meetings they have not been exposed to anyone with or suspected of having COVID-19 and they themselves have not had or exhibited symptoms within the last 14 days. Social distancing will be practiced, as well as any local and venue regulations.